About our Leading Cardium Play Areas
As one of North America’s most significant light oil fields, our Cardium assets provide a strong growth foundation with over 25 years of drilling opportunities for future development. Characterized by low-decline and high-netback light-oil, we have focused on fine-tuning our expertise in this area, manufacturing repeatable primary well development across our unmatched Cardium land base.
Some of the key attributes of the play include:
- Largest acreage holder with ~25 years of drilling opportunities at current drilling rates
- Best-in-class wells in Willesden Green acreage since mid-2018
- Low cost, high return optimization programs and field management in Pembina yield strong results, keeping production decline rates low
- Fully delineated and de-risked asset with years of development potential
Our Cardium plays are broken out into two areas: Willesden Green, composed of Crimson Lake and East Crimson land; and Pembina. In Willesden Green, we continue to deliver excellent results and drilled top pacesetter Cardium wells in 2021 and 2022, proving our expertise in the area. We successfully returned to development drilling in the Pembina area in mid-2021, achieving strong production results in the new wells as we transfer the skills learned in Willesden Green development to the Pembina area.
- Development since the 1950’s; various phases has kept field producing for over 70 years
- Advances in horizontal and halo drilling since late 2000’s rejuvenated the field