This guide is intended to help you understand what we offer our valued employees as part of a total package. It includes details on our Rewards and Benefits programs, as well as many Extras.
We are excited to have you join our team!
- Competitive salaries (paid semi-monthly) based on annual market data.
- Field employees may be eligible for Field Allowances and/or Premiums, dependent on their position/location.
Short Term Incentives
- Annual cash bonus, based on individual and company performance.
Long Term Incentives*
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Restricted Share Unit Plan|
|(Full Value Incentives granted annually)||1/3 RSUs||1/3 RSUs||1/3 RSUs|
*Refer to your offer letter for eligible incentives and initial allotment.
Retirement Savings Plan (Obsidian Energy shares or cash)
|Employee Contribution||Obsidian Energy Match||Total Savings Invested|
|up to 10% of salary||up to 10% of salary||combined maximum value of 20% of salary|
- Obsidian Energy provides a comprehensive benefits program for you and your family. Review the following summary to learn more and click on the links for details.
Full Group Coverage
|Prescriptions & Basic Dental||Major Orthodontic Work||Chiropractic, Massage, Etc.||Vision|
|no deductible||no maximum||(Per practitioner, per year, for you & each dependent)||(plus regular eye exams; $400 per lifetime for laser eye surgery)|
Health Care Spending Account
|per year (Single)||per year (Couple)||per year (Family)|
- Prorated during your first year. More information
Global Medical Assistance
- 100% emergency coverage when out of the country. More information
Short Term Disability
- 100% of base salary up to 120 days.
Long Term Disability
- Benefit level is 66.67% of the first $3,000 of monthly earnings plus 50% of monthly earnings over $3,000 to a $10,000 maximum.
Life Insurance & Accidental Death
- Obsidian Energy provides employees with three times their regular base earnings (maximums apply).
- Additional life & accidental death insurance at corporate rates is available for purchase.
Employee Assistance Program
- Professional, confidential counseling is available through Janus Associates.
Recognized industry experience vacation entitlement
|0 – 9 years||3 weeks||120 hours|
|10 – 19 years||4 weeks||160 hours|
|20 years or more||5 weeks||200 hours|
- Annual vacation entitlement useage is prorated on start date and available immediately.
Designated Office Closure Days
- Obsidian Energy offices are typically closed on Fridays prior to Long Weekends from May until September and for weekdays between Christmas and New Years statutory holidays.
- Obsidian Energy office employees receive six flex days per year.
- Calgary employees are welcome to join our state of the art fitness club which provides some of the latest cardio and weight training equipment in addition to group exercise classes. Membership fee is $25/month.
- Field employees are eligible for a health & fitness subsidy that funds 50% of eligible physical activities and/or fitness equipment up to a maximum of $300 per year.
Onsite Child Care
- The PlayPenn Child Care Centre is located in Penn West Plaza, Calgary.
- Calgary employees can apply for a spot and receive priority placement.
Head Office Location
- Head Office
Suite 200, 207 – 9th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 1K3
Telephone: (403) 777-2500 Toll Free: 1-866-693-2707 Fax: (403) 777-2699