This guide is intended to help you understand what we offer our valued employees as part of a total package. It includes details on our Rewards and Benefits programs, as well as many Extras.
We are excited to have you join our team!
- Competitive salaries (paid semi-monthly) based on annual market data.
- Field employees may be eligible for Field Allowances and/or Premiums, dependent on their position/location.
Short Term Incentives
- Annual cash bonus, based on individual and company performance.
Long Term Incentives*
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Restricted Share Unit Plan|
|(Full Value Incentives granted annually)||1/3 RSUs||1/3 RSUs||1/3 RSUs|
*Refer to your offer letter for eligible incentives and initial allotment.
Retirement Savings Plan (Obsidian Energy shares or cash)
|Employee Contribution||Obsidian Energy Match||Total Savings Invested|
|up to 10% of salary||up to 10% of salary||combined maximum value of 20% of salary|
- Obsidian Energy provides a comprehensive benefits program for you and your family. Review the following summary to learn more and click on the links for details.
Full Group Coverage
|Prescriptions & Basic Dental||Major Orthodontic Work||Chiropractic, Massage, Etc.||Vision|
|no deductible||no maximum||(Per practitioner, per year, for you & each dependent)||(plus regular eye exams; $400 per lifetime for laser eye surgery)|
Health Care Spending Account
|per year (Single)||per year (Couple)||per year (Family)|
- Prorated during your first year. More information
Global Medical Assistance
- 100% emergency coverage when out of the country. More information
Short Term Disability
- 100% of base salary up to 120 days.
Long Term Disability
- Benefit level is 66.67% of the first $3,000 of monthly earnings plus 50% of monthly earnings over $3,000 to a $10,000 maximum.
Life Insurance & Accidental Death
- Obsidian Energy provides employees with three times their regular base earnings (maximums apply).
- Additional life & accidental death insurance at corporate rates is available for purchase.
Employee Assistance Program
- Professional, confidential counseling is available through Insight Psychological.
Recognized industry experience vacation entitlement
|0 – 9 years||3 weeks||120 hours|
|10 – 19 years||4 weeks||160 hours|
|20 years or more||5 weeks||200 hours|
- Annual vacation entitlement useage is prorated on start date and available immediately.
Designated Office Closure Days
- Obsidian Energy offices close for a number of days each year as determined by management and announced at the start of the year. Typically, these days coincide with the April – October statutory holidays and the period between Christmas Eve and the New Year.
- Obsidian Energy office employees receive three flex days per year.
- Calgary employees are able to join the onsite fitness club which provides cardio and weight training equipment in addition to group exercise classes.
- Field employees are eligible for a health & fitness subsidy that funds 50% of eligible physical activities and/or fitness equipment up to a maximum of $300 per year.
Onsite Child Care
- The PlayPenn Child Care Centre is located in Penn West Plaza, Calgary.
- Calgary employees can apply for a spot and receive priority placement.
Head Office Location
- Head Office
Suite 200, 207 – 9th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 1K3
Telephone: (403) 777-2500 Toll Free: 1-866-693-2707 Fax: (403) 777-2699